Knowledge Expert - Procurement
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree preferred
- 7+ years of experience in industry or consulting environment that includes a progressive career trajectory, outstanding professional achievement and impact
- Industry expertise in basic materials, chemicals, financial services, healthcare, high-tech, oil & gas, or pharmaceuticals is desired
- Strong history of leading sustainable high-impact strategic sourcing approaches
- Exemplary experience designing end-to-end procurement strategies
- Demonstrated track record of assessing and driving transformational improvements with deep expertise in developing, coaching and mentoring leaders at all levels
- Collaborative team players, capable of working well with others but also autonomously with little direction
- Strong interest in knowledge development, i.e., contributing to articles, experiential learning and a passion for capability building
- Able to grasp and communicate complex ideas clearly
- Comfortable with extensive travel (2-3 days per week, multiple cities)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in one of our North American offices as part of our Operations practice and our Procurement group. You will be part of the Operations Expert Team. This role will be an integral member of our client service teams, working to help clients transform their purchasing and supply management practice and engage in operational problem-solving across the business enterprise.
Our Operations practice assists our clients in solving complex operational challenges. Blending strategic thinking with hands-on practicality, our teams of consultants and experts work to develop and implement operational strategies that solve our clients' most critical problems
Procurement is a rapidly growing service line that helps organizations build competitive advantage through the development of world-class purchasing and supply management capabilities. Sustainable impact is our focus and how we measure our success. We design strategic sourcing approaches to provide immediate impact but also believe that to ensure sustainability, a formal performance transformation program—that includes organizational and cultural changes—must be implemented.
What You'll Do
You will develop client engagements by initiating and leading discussions with clients
In this role you will help shape the client agenda, lead proposal preparation, and bring in the firm's best relevant knowledge and experts. You will execute client engagements in order to advance the practice. You will help realize immediate savings by building and executing sourcing strategies for each major spend category.
You will aid in defining organization set-up, roles & responsibilities, processes and systems for global purchasing organizations and knowledge development. You will lead knowledge dissemination efforts within the firm and you will train consultants on the latest PSM topics.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top