Knowledge Analyst - Recovery & Transformation Services
- Advanced degree in Computer Applications, Engineering, Mathematics or Operations research (with strong quantitative background)
- 2-3 years of experience modeling and programming using Excel, VBA
- Experience in building business algorithms, scenario planners, and solving business problems using optimization techniques and running project management offices
- Basic software engineering project management experience in Agile, Lean, or Scrum development is a plus (in particular defining requirements, rapidly iterating and deploying features)
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Basic SQL skills (MySQL or PostgreSQL)
- Basic familiarity with data visualization tools such as Tableau and/or PowerBI
- Knowledge of applying fundamental operations research and statistical techniques
- Energetic, cooperative and pleasant personality; able to effectively coach a diverse group of team members
- Detail oriented and with ability to work under pressure; mentally resilient to endure the long and tough road of a transformation
- Flexible and patient with an understanding of fluid, demanding, and unstructured environments where priorities evolve constantly and methodologies are regularly challenged
- Highly pragmatic, focused on achieving outcomes and impact
- Ready to travel to various client locations globally
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Waltham, MA office and will be a part of our Recovery & Transformation Services (RTS) team. You will also be a part of our North American Knowledge Network.
Our global knowledge network includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
Recovery & Transformation Services (RTS), founded in 2010, focuses exclusively on holistic transformations and corporate restructuring. RTS helps clients drive rapid and dramatic performance improvement and also provides a full suite of services to support companies facing liquidity issues or insolvency. Our clients include stressed/distressed companies, organizations seeking to go from "good to great" and stakeholders in insolvency situations. Our work ranges from acute crisis management to long term recovery and performance improvement. We pair experienced professionals drawn from industry, private equity, and the restructuring ecosystem with our firm's global network of industry and functional experts. We are doers, and we work closely with clients to execute the steps necessary to achieve extraordinary performance improvements
What You'll Do
You will work with clients to set up performance infrastructures through the building of business optimization and scenario models and by deploying analytical tools.
You will serve as a member of the front-line deployment team for various technical tools (e.g. Nerve and SnapLogic, SQL based reporting, Tableau and PowerBI, Excel VBA) and will deploy McKinsey's transformation management tool to ensure seamless delivery.
You will provide guidance and leadership to teams on analytics and build client capabilities, pulling in the latest firm developments in technology. You will work to advance the state of current practice, challenge clients and colleagues mindsets about what is possible and how things are done. You will actively participate in building team strategies on knowledge and capability development.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top