Knowledge Analyst - eProcurement
- Bachelor's degree; Advanced degree or MBA is a plus
- 2-4 years of relevant industry / consulting experience
- Strong understanding of purchasing, sourcing, saving identification, etc.
- Strong proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, advance procurement analytics, tools like Alteryx and Tableau
- Experience on procurement content like spend analysis, saving opportunity identification, bid analysis
- Knowledge variety of procurement technologies and sourcing solutions like Ariba, Zycus, Jagger, Coupa, Bravo solution, Ivalua SynerTrade are an added advantage
- Solid problem-solving capabilities, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written/verbal communications skills
- Multilingual background preferred (Spanish or Portuguese)
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in our McKinsey Knowledge Center in Waltham, Massachusetts and will be part of our eProcurement team. This group is part of our Purchasing and Supply Management Center of Competence (PSM CoC).
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You will work with our McKinsey consulting teams and clients to deploy digital procurement solutions.
These deployments will include spend cube development, spend analysis, online request for information/ quotation (eRFXs,) online auctions (eAuctions) and other procurement related solutions. You will guide consultants and clients to choose the right set of digital procurement solutions based on their requirements. You will demonstrate the software solution capabilities, manage the solution usage and project tracking. You will deliver and support training of exiting digital procurement solutions.
You will work on client engagements as a procurement / sourcing expert. You will provide analytics support to deliver key insights on procurement focused topics like spend analysis, saving /opportunity identification, sourcing strategy, development, RFQ management and analysis.
A majority of McKinsey's digital procurement solutions are delivered in partnership with third party vendors which you will manage. You'll oversee the day-to-day work activities, issues and performance management of the vendors to ensure quality and timely outputs.
You will play a key role in opportunity evaluation and development in building out our own proprietary tools and various offerings in digital procurement. You will be responsible for identifying new technologies, trends, or alternative vendors for us to work with. As future tools are built and vendor relationships entered into, you'll play a key role in evaluating and building the business case, as well as ensuring their ongoing sustainability.
You will work with our IT department to ensure digital procurement tools, vendors, and processes adhere to our standards and that client information and data is safeguarded to the utmost level.
You will deliver cutting edge knowledge related to the procurement domain and will support the development and maintenance of procurement capabilities including assets, knowledge, tools, fact packs, case studies, primers.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top