Knowledge Analyst - Automotive & Assembly
- A clear passion, several years of experience and deep understanding of the automotive industry is a must have.
- Preferably 3 - 5+ years of relevant work experience.
- Familiarity with private equity, asset management and/or consulting is a plus as well as research experience in an academic or business setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Ideally our new team member will have a well-developed understanding or experience with modeling and analysis techniques (financial, statistical, etc.)
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a proven track record of project ownership
- Self-standing, independent and entrepreneurial mindset with ability and experience driving initiatives
- An undergraduate degree with a strong academic track record is required. An advanced degree (Masters, etc.) is preferred.
- Strong computer and technical skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience required, advanced computer skills such as analysis, modeling, programming, etc. are a plus)
Who You'll Work With
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge.
The team is based in Waltham, Massachusetts as part of our Knowledge Network and focused on Automotive & Assembly topics.
The Automotive & Assembly practice serves clients along the full automotive value chain and industrial players focused on assembling complex products (e.g. agricultural, construction, mining, and machinery).
What You'll Do
You will help solve business problems for McKinsey consultants and clients, across the value chain in Automotive and related industries through efficient and effective problem solving and research. You will have the unique opportunity as a part of your long term program to drive the Private Equity Initiative in our Automotive & Assembly practice together with leadership and other senior colleagues on the team. This part of the role will involve supporting client proposals, rapidly assessing industry dynamics, and conducting due diligence. (This role if not limited to this but should be a major focus). In addition you will develop further areas of expertise in Automotive or related industries.
You will also help support the development of proprietary capabilities and act as a thought partner with our clients. As a member of our global team, you work with teammates to develop industry knowledge while fostering collaboration, innovation and entrepreneurship.
Additionally, you will lead or participate in the regular publication of internal knowledge documents for McKinsey's client service. You will be part of the continuous improvement of our research team through participation or leadership of improvement initiatives and administrative roles.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top