- Bachelor's degree in related fields such as business, economics and engineering; Master's degree is a plus
- 2-5 years of experience in research, consulting or corporate strategy roles. Fresh graduates with the right aptitude are also welcomed
- Sectorial exposure in banking (high priority), consumer/retail, energy, public/social sector, transport or telecommunications will be highly valuable
- Good knowledge of the Vietnam market with solid understanding of economic, sectorial and business concepts and terminology
- Excellent problem solving ability, is analytical and comfortable quantitatively
- Good time-management skills and a flexible attitude, with ability to meet tight deadlines and handle simultaneous work streams
- Collaborative team player, with ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and local Vietnamese language
Who You'll Work With
You will be part of our Southeast Asia Research & Analytics team in Hanoi and will work with research and consulting colleagues as well as directly with clients.
The Southeast Asia Research & Analytics team specializes in the region's local knowledge/content expertise. The team undertakes country and industry research to support high impact client engagements and the firm's knowledge development effort. The team is part of our knowledge network which encompass over 2,000 research and analytics colleagues globally.
What You'll Do
You will leverage your solid understanding of macro and micro trends to deliver synthesized, actionable facts and insights to solve client's business issues.
You will use both primary and secondary research tools and perform a variety of research and analysis such as market sizing, trend identification, opportunity scan, growth projection, industry and corporate profiling. The synthesized insights will subsequently help in your problem solving discussions in client engagements.
Aside from client engagements, you will have opportunities to develop and codify knowledge on new and emerging topics of relevance to the Vietnam market and the firm more broadly.
As you develop and grow in the firm, you will be exposed to diverse and challenging opportunities. You will build deep knowledge spikes or expertise on specific sectors in the Vietnam market and develop into a true knowledge thought partner for consultants and clients. Opportunities are also abound for you to enhance your people leadership and management skills through mentoring opportunities, as well as, involvement in functional priorities such as evaluation, recruitment and training for the Southeast Asia Research & Analytics team.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top