Junior/Senior Analyst - Analytics
- · Deep grasp of analytical skills and methods, coupled with modeling, coding and programming capabilities
- · Superior problem solving skills and sound business knowledge
- · Excellent written and oral communication skills, comfortable to interact with mid-senior level clients
- · Good time-management skills and a flexible attitude, with willingness to work in a demanding and results-oriented team environment
- · Bachelor's or Master's degree holders majoring in Quantitative focused disciplines such as Business Analytics, Computer Science, Finance, Engineering, Mathematics and Statistics, having attained a strong standing from top academic institutions
- · Highly proficient in analytics tools e.g. SAS, R, Access, Excel, Matlab, Python, SQL, VB, etc., coupled with familiarity in general IT tools such as Microsoft PowerPoint and Word
- · Relevant working experience in analytics roles of up to 5 years will be required
- · Understanding of local Japanese business operations and working culture will be highly desirable
- · Fluent in both Japanese and English
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in Tokyo, Japan as part of North Asia Research (Tokyo Geographic Research) , but may be staffed to the engagements in other Asian regions, and will work alongside experienced McKiinsey consultants.
What You'll Do
You will work alongside experienced McKinsey consultants to help our clients develop a comprehensive, situation-specific understanding of trends and opportunities. This combination of industry, functional and analytics expertise enables our engagement teams to identify the biggest opportunities and to anticipate and address potential barriers to impact – critical inputs towards deriving client recommendations.
As part of client engagement opportunities, you will be exposed to real business situations and gradually enhance analytical capabilities, build up industry & functional knowledge as well as, hone critical skills such as problem solving and in communication.
Over time, a clearly defined career path is in place to help you progress and continuously develop relevant skill-sets and experience in areas such as analytics consulting, data scientists & operations, digital experts and McKinsey Solutions domain & project management experts.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top