Junior Specialist - Corporate Performance Analytics
- A rigorous understanding of the fundamentals of statistics applied to business challenges, corporate finance and microeconomics
- 3-5+ years of experience in data analysis, business development or corporate strategy with heavy emphasis on data-driven decision making
- Highly developed SAS programming skills
- A strong curiosity to learn and apply data science techniques and tools
- Require strong undergraduate and/or graduate degree in STEM disciplines (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or in other disciplines with heavy focus on statistics
- Quantitative-oriented MBA desired
- Proven ability to work within a climate of ambiguity
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills
- Strong business acumen; sound business-sense and judgment
- Demonstrated leadership competencies such as teamwork, creative problem solving, flexibility and willingness to challenge the status quo
- Excellent relationship management, strong team building, and the ability to work across business units and functions within complex organizations
- Experience with some of the following machine learning techniques: Natural Language Processing; Topic modeling; Deep Learning; Algorithm Development; Clustering; Text Modeling; Logistic Regression / Decision Trees; Support Vector Machines / Max Entropy Classifiers; Big Data; Experience building end to end, full-stack pipelines
- Solid programming background in Python
- Excellent interpersonal skills and negotiation skills are desired
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in New York with our Corporate Performance Analytics (CP Analytics) team.
CP Analytics covers the entire corporate value chain to enable clients to analyze and manage the true sources of company value. Many client leaders struggle to measure, interpret, and manage their company's true source of value. Corporate Performance Analytics is an integrated financial analytics solution while delivers strategy planning, performance management, and capability building tools. It combines a comprehensive database with McKinsey's corporate finance valuation framework to help clients zoom in on the dimensions that create value for shareholders and the levers that drive their operating performance.
New Ventures is a recently formed part of McKinsey focused on fostering innovations driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile, social and other technologies and integrating them into our client work. It is a foundation for—and expands our investment in—our entrepreneurial culture.
What You'll Do
You'll collaborate with your teammates from CP Analytics to ensure delivery of superior corporate finance analytics insights for Solution clients.
You'll utilize your statistical acumen, technical coding skills and solution oriented problem solving capabilities.
Back to top