Junior Research Data Analyst
- Bachelor's degree in computer sciences, engineering, mathematics, econometrics or a related degree program and outstanding academic results
- 0-3 years work experience
- Ability to solve problems independently and creatively
- Experience and knowledge of data analysis, modeling and programming
- Comprehensive computer skills including database searching, Power Point, word processing, spreadsheet analysis and online research
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing in English and Mandarin
Who You'll Work With
You will work with our Analytics group in Shanghai to deliver significant, measurable impact for our clients using complex data and advanced modeling.
You'll work with McKinsey consulting teams and your peers to analyze data and provide sound recommendations for client studies and internal projects.
What You'll Do
You will support our consultants by creating complex mathematical and economic models to help answer our clients' most pressing questions.
You will develop prototypes in Microsoft Excel and Access, conduct statistical analyses, and evaluate large data sets. Your work will be project-oriented, and you will often be responsible for the entire analytical process — from task definition to the implementation and interpretation of results and delivery to the client. In dialogues with consultants and clients, you'll discuss your results constructively, in continuous search of the best possible solution. You will perform these roles through a mix of remote and on-site work.
Your work will be multifaceted and exciting, and you will gain insights into many industries and management topics. You will tackle new intellectual challenges and build your industry and analytic knowledge daily. A clearly defined career path will help you to continuously develop your skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top