Junior Research Analyst - Strategy & Corporate Finance
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or related field
- 1 year of working experience
- Understanding and interest in Corporate Finance concepts
- Willingness to quickly learn and disseminate detailed topical knowledge
- Intellectual curiosity, self-motivation, and a willingness to take ownership
- High professional and ethical standards and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, web-based tools)
- High English communication skills, particularly in written communications
- Ability to multi-task, manage a significant workload effectively under pressure and work well independently
- Strong service orientation and ability to interact and communicate effectively with all tenure levels
- Proactive approach to practice and team support and a 'can do' attitude
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our San Jose, Costa Rica office as part of our Latin American Knowledge Center team.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You will prioritize research needs, and identify relevant information using a broad spectrum of appropriate sources.
You will produce end products in the form of written summaries, financial models, basic fact packs, and spreadsheets, often under tight deadlines. Your work will provide a solid grounding in core principles of corporate finance.
You will develop an understanding of advanced financial concepts of ROIC, WACC, Economic Profit, trend analysis and will develop insights into the McKinsey Valuation techniques.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top