Junior Research Analyst - Resource Productive Operations
- Master degree in physics, chemistry or engineering (e.g., Mechanical Engineer, Master in Chemistry) with excellent results required
- Good understanding and interest for business and economics
- University graduate or limited work experience (< 2 years)
- Strong interest and proven ability in collection, analysis, synthesis and development of knowledge
- Intellectual curiosity in energy, industrial processes and equipment supported by a basic understanding of chemistry and thermodynamics
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent qualitative and quantitative analytic skills
- Hands-on computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Office applications)
- Good communicator and team player
- Enthusiastic, high energy, creativity, independent and entrepreneurial attitude
- International travel experience or university exchange program, work for NGO abroad, relevant internship and/or additional language capabilities would be a plus
Who You'll Work With
You will work in our Wroclaw office as part of our Resource Productivity Operations practice.
Resource Productive Operation team helps companies to become more efficient and cut costs by reducing energy requirements, minimizing waste, maximizing recycling and reuse, and rethinking resource ownership.
What You'll Do
You will conduct research on a wide variety of business and economic topics to support consulting teams in solving client issues, likely focused on industrial operations, equipment and processes.
You'll pro-actively enhance the knowledge of consultants and clients in various business sectors through collection, analysis, synthesis and distribution of the latest information and trends in the area. Areas of focus could range from industry overviews to case study materials or financial and macro-economic data analyses.
You'll have the opportunity to develop distinctive, relevant expertise and contribute to building proprietary knowledge, benchmarks and tools and you'll be expected to deliver hands-on, expertise-based support to operations engagements in industrial environments. You will work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This position will give you the opportunity to work in an ambitious, stimulating and international professional environment and allow you the chance grow into a world-class expert. You will receive support through on-the-job coaching and training programs.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top