Junior Research Analyst - Private Equity and Principal Investor
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 1 year of post-undergraduate work experience; will also consider recent graduates with relevant internship experience
- Previous work experience in private equity or investment-related industries is helpful but not required
- Strong interest in private equity and related industries
- Highly curious and creative team member who has strong people skills and the ability to have influence and impact in their work
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; Advanced software knowledge (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Waltham, MA office and will be a part of our knowledge network, focused on private equity and principal investor (PEPI) topics.
Our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals, work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
The PEPI practice serves the full spectrum of investment organizations on investment strategy, due diligence, portfolio management and operational and organizational topics. Our perspective is global, and our scale and scope give unparalleled insights and capabilities across industries, geographies, and functions. We offer clients a unique value proposition by encompassing: (i) deep industry insight and strategic mind-set combined with a structured approach, (ii) comprehensive service lines with client-proven methodologies focused on true transformation, and (iii) the development of concepts, analytical tools, as well as practical implementation. Moreover, a robust knowledge development agenda underpins our client offering and positions us at the cutting-edge of PEPI thinking proprietary knowledge development and analysis.
What You'll Do
You will support McKinsey consultants and clients in the private equity and principal investing industries by collecting, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information that helps solve specific business problems.
You will leverage your industry experience to be a thought-partner and prioritize research activities which will have the most impact. You'll identify the data, information, and/or analysis that will support problem-solving efforts and you'll conduct timely cost-effective research.
You'll synthesize findings by preparing McKinsey formatted end-products to include written memos, numerical analysis, and/or presentations. You'll have the opportunity to develop industry knowledge and expertise, both general and specific in the PEPI sector.
You'll also collaborate with our global knowledge team to share and build knowledge, best practices, and relevant new ideas. You will be able to codify knowledge and help support the continuous improvement of our knowledge operations and infrastructure, innovating firm knowledge and knowledge delivery through special projects (both with client teams and on a stand-alone basis).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top