Junior Research Analyst- Livestock Agriculture
- Bachelor's degree in livestock management, agricultural economics, agricultural engineering, or related agricultural subject; Master's degree is a plus
- 1+ year of post-undergraduate work experience in e.g. livestock management; will also consider recent graduates with relevant internship experience
- Strong understanding and interest in Agriculture with particular focus on livestock management and related industries (e.g. meat/fish) and willingness to gain specific industry knowledge.
- Highly curious and creative team member who has strong people skills and the ability to have influence and impact in their work
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; Advanced software knowledge (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Waltham, Massachusetts as part of our Knowledge Network, focused on agriculture, livestock and meat processing topics.
McKinsey's Knowledge Network is unique in the business world. Our global network has 1,800+ analysts and experts who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. To develop this knowledge, McKinsey invests $400 million each year in research programs. Our sophisticated portfolio of services includes custom analytics, diagnostics and benchmarkings, world-class expertise and research, and cutting-edge practice and knowledge management.
The Agriculture team is part of McKinsey's Global Chemicals & Agriculture Practice and serves clients across the broad spectrum of agricultural value chains from e.g. agricultural inputs, crops, livestock to primary processing
You will work closely with our global Chemicals & Agriculture knowledge network team consisting of ~30 colleagues worldwide.
What You'll Do
You will support our consultants and clients in the agriculture, livestock and meat processing industries by collecting, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information that helps solve specific business problems.
You will leverage your research skills and industry experience to be a thought-partner to client teams and clients in order to prioritize research projects. You'll identify the data, information, and analysis that will support problem-solving efforts and you'll conduct timely, cost-effective research.
Additionally, you'll synthesize findings by preparing McKinsey-formatted end-products including written memos, numerical analysis, and presentations. You'll have the opportunity to develop industry knowledge and expertise working alongside industry experts. You'll also collaborate with global Agriculture research team to build and share knowledge, best practices and new ideas. You will be able to codify knowledge and help support the continuous improvement of our knowledge operations and infrastructure, innovating firm knowledge and knowledge delivery through special projects.
We will help you to build your expertise, skillset and become a highly effective industry expert.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top