Junior Research Analyst Intern
- Recent graduate or currently studying
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment with people at all levels of an organization
- Inquisitive and investigative nature
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and results-oriented team environment
- Strong ownership for delivering solutions to issues at hand
- Strong multi-tasking abilities
- Advanced IT skills, including high levels of proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Africa Research Team in Casablanca as part of McKinsey's global Knowledge Network.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You'll assist our client-facing consulting teams from all over the world by sourcing, analyzing and synthesizing information.
You'll conduct end-to-end research in response to specific questions raised by clients. You'll source information from internal and secondary data sources, analyze and synthesize this information, and create well-organized, concise end products to deliver this material to clients. You will develop expertise in specific sectors or functions, and over time, contribute to the development of our team by coaching and training less experienced colleagues. You may also work more directly with our clients, playing a more active role on our consulting teams, as you become known for your expertise on select topics.
Through your project-based work and collaboration with your colleagues, you will deal with new intellectual challenges daily. You'll develop your understanding of industries and functions on an ongoing basis. A clearly defined career path will help you continuously develop your skills.
You will be expected to use strong judgement, problem solving skills and business understanding to ensure that we are delivering the best to our clients. You will need to manage resources of time and costs effectively and balance customer needs with practical perspectives.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top