Junior Research Analyst - Healthcare Systems & Services
- Undergraduate degree required with an outstanding academic record; advanced degree is a plus
- Basic understanding of the U.S. healthcare sector, notably current trends, key product characteristics and major players
- Experience in conducting business or academic research
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Comfort with financial statements and finance (preferably within health sectors) and understanding of key financial metrics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in managing multiple, simultaneous demanding deadlines
- Inquisitive nature, superb people skills, strong team-orientation, and a professional attitude
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency with Excel, Access, Power Point and basic business tools
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Waltham, Massachusetts as part of our Healthcare Systems & Services (HSS) Americas Knowledge team based in the Americas, and focused on topics related to the delivery of and payment for health care services. You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge.
McKinsey's HSS-Americas Practice works with healthcare leaders to improve world health outcomes. We help national and regional health services to transform care delivery and make it more sustainable. We also help health insurance companies and hospitals to improve the value of healthcare, and Integrated care organizations to improve healthcare delivery.
We take a highly collaborative approach, from guiding national governments as they set priorities to working with nurses to improve hospital ward operations. Visit our Practice website to learn more http://www.mckinsey.com/Client_Service/healthcare_systems_and_services/About
What You'll Do
As a HSS analyst, you will develop in-depth, distinctive, and innovative research and analyses, keep up to date with industry developments and help our consultants apply cutting-edge industry knowledge to client problem-solving.
You will assist client service teams by collecting, analyzing and synthesizing information within the health care sector, and by developing new knowledge on competitive topics in the areas of health systems, hospitals, and health insurance (all areas of US healthcare other than the pharmaceutical industry). You will manage and keep current our proprietary assets including financial and other datasets.
You will support engagement teams with targeted information and analyses, and conduct short-term research in support of long-term projects. In addition, you will provide synthesis, analytical approaches and insight into the practical implications of their analysis within tight deadlines, via client-ready end products. Lastly, you will develop effective knowledge sharing, an extensive external network, and broad awareness of best practice external knowledge on healthcare.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top