Junior Research Analyst - Healthcare
- Bachelor's degree in related field such as pharmaceuticals, biology, public health, etc.; Master's degree is a plus
- 1-3 years work experience in related industries would be a plus
- Solid understanding of economic, financial and general business concepts and terminology
- Experience in conducting business or academic research
- Comprehensive computer skills including database searching, power point, word processing, spreadsheet analysis and online research
- Good people skills, team orientation, and professional
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin (both oral and written)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Knowledge Centre team in Shanghai and will focus on research in the healthcare industry.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You will provide research support on the Healthcare industry to consulting teams worldwide looking at the Chinese, Asian and global markets.
In this role you will articulate, scope, and prioritize research needs, and identify and gather relevant company, industry, and economic information using a broad spectrum of appropriate sources. You will provide synthesis, insight, and practical implications within tight deadlines via end products in the form of single exhibits, written summaries, basic fact packs, and spreadsheets.
You will conduct interviews with regulators and companies, share insights, and serve as a thought partner, leveraging internal and external networks. Additionally, you will have the opportunity to engage in team problem solving, share evolving business trends and best practices, and contribute to knowledge creation initiatives. Your goal is to continue to build knowledge of the industry as well as to identify, review, and maintain information sources and databases.
See Inside the Office of McKinsey
McKinsey helps clients facing a whole range of business questions to identify, understand, and analyze their options and make good strategic decisions. Whether it’s a tech giant contemplating a large investment, a pharma company expanding overseas, or a nonprofit looking to increase donations, the McKinsey team knows the ins and outs of the industries it serves and helps its clients tackle tough challenges and make big decisions.
Back to top