Junior Research Analyst - Global Sourcing Center
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Industrial Engineering, Economics or similar
- Good understanding of general business concepts and terminology; genuine interest in learning about global procurement strategies
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (in both English and Spanish)
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Professional attitude and entrepreneurial spirit
- Willing to work at a fast paced environment on a results-oriented team
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in San Jose, Costa Rica and will be on the Global Sourcing team, a part of our Knowledge Network. You will work with consultants, clients and internal teams to prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact.
Our global knowledge network includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You will reinforce a team of internal experts and support consultant teams and our clients all around the world.
Your main responsibilities will be to conduct secondary and primary research within the relevant global sourcing domain through proprietary and third-party data sources. You will manage day-to-day workflow, mainly regarding supplier searches in the Americas. You will be providing assistance in sourcing diagnostics programs for our clients and identifying best-cost regions for new suppliers of various products. You will build and maintain relationships with relevant industry experts and governmental agencies to support sourcing projects, cooperating with our teams in India, China, Europe, Africa and Southeast Asia.
You will consolidate, upload and maintain documents in our proprietary databases. You will also help consulting teams on client engagements with research requirements within the global sourcing domain areas. You will package these research findings in client-ready end products (such as PowerPoint presentations and/or Excel models).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top