Junior Research Analyst - Global Financial Institutions Center
- Academic background related to business management, finance or economics
- 0-2 years of experience
- Good understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Strong problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English and Spanish)
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Professional attitude and entrepreneurial spirit; team player
- Strong research skills
- Entrepreneurial spirit and a great curiosity for current and emerging topics
- Passionate to work on diverse financial services industry topics and develop his/her own network within the firm
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our San Jose, Costa Rica office and will be a part of our Knowledge Network.
Our global knowledge network includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
GFIC is a global, virtual knowledge team with a focus on the financial services industry (i.e., Banking, Insurance, Asset management). We work closely on several client and proprietary knowledge projects. In San Jose, GFIC currently has a 5 member team.
What You'll Do
In this role you will help consulting teams on client engagements with research requirements within the specific Insurance industry space.
You will be consolidating data across multiple sources, developing unique perspectives, creating client ready materials and other tasks as needs arise. You will conduct research within the relevant Insurance domain through proprietary and third-party data sources. You will package research findings in the form of client ready end products. As one of the most critical components of this job, it will be essential that you build excellent communication and presentation skills.
You will be an active member of the global GFIC community and develop relationships around the globe to build on your expertise. Over time, you will develop a deeper understanding on a specific topic within the domain and build your own knowledge and expertise
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top