Junior Research Analyst - Financial Institution Group
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in finance, accounting, economics and related fields
- 1-2 years of work experience in insurance related institutions is preferred
- Excellent communication skills in English and Mandarin (both oral and written)
- Solid understanding of economic, financial, insurance and general business concepts and terminology; relevant certificates in finance is a plus
- Superior problem-solving, analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience in managing multiple simultaneous demanding deadlines
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
Who You'll Work With
You'll be part of our China Knowledge Center in Shanghai and will work with our Financial Institution Group (FIG) Practice.
McKinsey has developed a distinctive, innovative, global network of research professionals, based in numerous locations around the world. Our research professionals support McKinsey engagements and knowledge building efforts by providing services that range from the delivery of basic facts to developing industry or functional insight, and providing expert thought on key issues.
What You'll Do
You will provide specialized content support and develop internal knowledge for various financial institutions such as banking, insurance and asset management.
You will work with McKinsey consultants to prepare analysis on the latest industry developments. You will conduct research in response to specific requests by collecting summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing relevant data and information.
You'll have the opportunity to continue building knowledge within the FIG Practice. With increasing industry experience, you will be encouraged to develop into a true thought partner for our consultants and build up knowledge spikes in specific areas as well as industry perspectives.
You will also contribute to building the FIG Practice by participating in the professional development of colleagues, helping to design and deliver training programs, and finding new ways to create innovative and distinctive services, as well as to enhance team spirit.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top