Junior Research Analyst - Electric Power & Natural Gas
- Master's degree in engineering
- Internship or 1-2 years of experience in the energy sector is welcomed and valued
- Knowledge on/high interest for energy sector
- Strong problem solving skills and conceptual abilities with an analytical mindset
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of the main business, economic and financial concepts and terminology
- Ability to collect, analyze and synthesize information and knowledge
- Strong multitasking abilities, service-oriented personality, intellectual curiosity and an investigative mind
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- Excellent communication skills in English. Good command of Italian. Knowledge of Dutch and/or French is valued
Who You'll Work With
You will work in our Brussels Innovation Center, a unique center of competence based in Louvain-la-Neuve, regrouping over 100 research and development specialists. You will join our global Electric Power and Natural Gas Practice who advises top management of leading energy provider companies world-wide.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You will leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts to efficiently respond to complex research questions.
You will deliver synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams and clients. You will also have the opportunity to work alongside senior knowledge professionals on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. By collecting and analyzing data and information found in databases and/or other primary and secondary research tools, you will assemble a fact base and counsel consultants and clients on the scope of the business and economic trends surrounding the issue. You will also provide insights and analysis for solving client problems at hand. You will work towards enhancing the practice's current awareness of development in the energy sector.
Your day-to-day tasks will include identifying the key issues for the problem at hand and determining the most appropriate solution while effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors. You'll perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, industry profiling, market sizing, growth projections and opportunity scanning in order to add value to problem-solving discussions.
You'll provide synthesis, insight and client implications within tight deadlines via end products in the form of PowerPoint charts, written memos, models and framework. In time, you will also participate in, and eventually lead, internal knowledge development and capability-building initiatives and you'll use advanced analytics tools to prepare and analyze large datasets to distill insights.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top