Junior Research Analyst - Electric Power & Natural Gas
- Master's degree in engineering
- Internship experience in the Energy sector is welcomed and valued
- Knowledge on/high interest for gas and/or electricity sectors
- Strong problem-solving skills and conceptual abilities with an analytical mindset
- Excellent business acumen and understanding of the main business, economic and financial concepts and terminology
- Abilities in collection, analysis, and synthesis of information and knowledge
- Strong multitasking abilities, service-oriented personality, intellectual curiosity and an investigative mind
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our San Jose, Costa Rica office and will be a part of our Knowledge Network. You will work with consultants, clients and internal teams to prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact.
Our global knowledge network includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge managements.
What You'll Do
You will leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts to efficiently respond to complex research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams and clients.
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside senior knowledge professionals on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. By collecting and analyzing data and information found in databases and/or other primary and secondary research tools, you will assemble a fact base, counsel consultants, and clients on the scope of the business and economic trends surrounding the issue. You will provide insights and analysis for solving client problems at hand.
You will work towards enhancing the practice's current awareness of development in the energy sector and acting increasingly as a thought partner in (client) team discussions.
You will identify the key issues for the problem at hand and determining the most appropriate solution while effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors. You'll perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, industry profiling, market sizing, growth projections, opportunity scanning, etc., in order to add value to problem-solving discussions.
You'll provide synthesis, insight and client implications within tight deadlines via end products in the form of PowerPoint charts, written memos, models, and framework. In time, you will also participate in, and eventually lead, internal knowledge development and capability-building initiatives and you'll use advanced analytics tools to prepare and analyze large datasets to distill insights.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top