Junior Research Analyst – Corporate & Investment Banking - Global Financial Institutions Center
- Advanced degree in Business, Finance or Economics
- 1-2 years of work experience in equity/ brokerage houses, M&A advisory, investment banks, banking research firms or corporate banking roles
- Strong understanding of banking concepts and in-depth knowledge of financial products and/ or banking operations and sound knowledge of industry issues and competitive trends
- Superior problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional attitude and service orientation
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
- Entrepreneurial and enjoys the challenges and rewards of research work in a dynamic and changing environment
Who You'll Work With
You will work in our North American Knowledge Center in Waltham, MA as a part of the Corporate & Investment Banking (CIB) team within the Global Financial Institutions Center (GFIC).
GFIC is one of the largest knowledge and analytics teams and part of the Financial Institution Group (FIG) practice, with 145+ members across 15+ locations, focusing on financial services domains, eg., Retail banking, CIB, Asset Management and Insurance. The CIB team within GFIC also has a global footprint, with 23 members based across Gurgaon, New York, Frankfurt and San Jose (CR). Waltham is one of GFIC's newest and fastest growing hubs and we are now looking to also build this as a location for the CIB team.
What You'll Do
You will support consulting teams on client engagements with research requirements on CIB related topics.
This will include consolidating data across multiple sources, developing unique perspectives, creating client ready materials and other tasks as needs arise.
You will conduct primary and secondary research within the CIB domain using proprietary and third-party data sources. You will be responsible for packaging research findings in the form of client ready end products which could be power point presentations and/or financial models.
Over time, you will be expected to develop expertise in a specific area within CIB and drive research and development of new knowledge as well as contribute to broader knowledge development and proprietary assets. Additionally, you will be an active member of the global GFIC community and develop relationships around the globe to build on your knowledge and provide support to the broader network as needed.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top