Junior Research Analyst - Consumer Media and Telecom Services
- Bachelor's degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 1 year of post-undergraduate work experience; will also consider recent graduates with relevant internship experience
- Strong interest in the TMT space, especially trends and key players related to the consumer side of the industry; Experience in TMT industries is helpful but not required
- Highly curious and creative team member who has strong interpersonal skills and the ability to have influence and impact in their work
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, including rapid problem solving with teams, either in person or on the phone
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; Advanced software knowledge (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Waltham, MA office and will be a part of our knowledge network, focused mainly on Consumer Media and Telecom Services topics. You will work closely with our global virtual knowledge network team consisting of ~60 analysts from across the globe.
Our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals, work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
Consumer Media and Telecom Services is a core area for McKinsey's Global Tech, Media & Telecom (TMT) practice, including priority topics in the Consumer Media and Telecom Services industry.
What You'll Do
You will support McKinsey consultants and clients in the high tech industry by collecting, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information that helps solve specific business problems.
You will leverage your industry experience to be a thought-partner to client teams and clients in order to prioritize research activities which will have the most impact. You'll identify the data, information, and/or analysis that will support problem-solving efforts and you'll conduct timely cost-effective research.
You will synthesize findings by preparing McKinsey formatted end-products to include written memos, numerical analysis, and/or presentations. You'll have the opportunity to develop industry knowledge and expertise, both general and specific in the high tech sector.
You'll also collaborate with our global research team to share and build knowledge, best practices, and relevant new ideas. You will be able to codify knowledge and help support the continuous improvement of our knowledge operations and infrastructure, innovating firm knowledge and knowledge delivery through special projects (both with client teams and on a stand-alone basis).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top