Junior Research Analyst - Chemicals
- Bachelor's degree in natural sciences or chemical engineering; Advanced degree is a plus
- 1+ year of post-undergraduate work experience; will also consider recent graduates with relevant internship experience
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred
- Strong understanding and interest in Chemicals, agriculture and related industries and be willing to gain specific industry knowledge
- Highly curious and creative team member who has strong people skills and the ability to have influence and impact in their work
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; Advanced software knowledge (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in both English and Chinese
Who You'll Work With
You will work in Shanghai as part of our Knowledge Network.
You will work with the Chemicals team, as part of our global Chemicals & Agriculture Practice. This group serves clients across the broad spectrum of chemical industry segments from basic petrochemicals and plastics to specialty chemicals.
What You'll Do
You will support our consultants and clients in the Chemical industry by collecting, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information that helps solve
specific business problems.
In this role you will leverage your research skills and industry experience to be a thought-partner to client teams and clients in order to prioritize research projects. You'll identify the data, information, and analysis that will support problem-solving efforts and you'll conduct timely, cost-effective research. Additionally, you'll synthesize findings by preparing McKinsey-formatted end-products including written memos, numerical analysis, and presentations.
You'll have the opportunity to develop industry knowledge and expertise working alongside industry experts. You'll also collaborate with global Chemicals research team to build and share knowledge, best practices and new ideas. You will codify knowledge and help support the continuous improvement of our knowledge operations and infrastructure, innovating firm knowledge and knowledge delivery through special projects. We will help you to build your expertise, skill-set and become a highly effective industry expert.
Back to top