Junior Research Analyst - Automotive
- Bachelor's degree
- 2+ years of post-undergraduate work experience, or recent graduates with internship experience
- Previous work experience in automotive or related industries is helpful but not required
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology
- General interest in the Automotive and related industries and be willing to gain industry knowledge
- Highly curious and creative team member who has strong people skills and the ability to have influence and impact in their work
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel and PowerPoint experience required, exposure to advanced skills for data analysis such as Statistical modeling, SQL, Tableau, R, and others a plus)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Waltham, MA office and will be a part of our knowledge network, focused mainly on Automotive & Assembly topics.
Our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals, work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
The Automotive & Assembly practice serves clients along the full automotive value chain and industrial players focused on assembling complex products (e.g. agricultural, construction, mining, and machinery).
What You'll Do
You will help solve business problems and provide a perspective on the automotive industry for McKinsey consultants and clients, working across the entire value chain in the automotive and assembly space.
You will use efficient and effective problem solving and research to support practice leadership, client teams, and clients. As a member of a global team, you will work with teammates while fostering collaboration, innovation, and entrepreneurship.
You will build expertise in industry topics while working to grow your supporting skill set necessary for analyzing and synthesizing the core questions of our clients. McKinsey's knowledge analysts differ from generalist consultants in that there is a further focus on supporting the development of proprietary capabilities, the codification of knowledge from client work, and authoring industry perspectives for the practice.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top