Junior Research Analyst - Aerospace & Defense
- US Citizenship is required
- Strong understanding and interest in A&D and related industries and be willing to gain specific industry knowledge.
- Previous work experience in A&D or related industries is required.
- Highly curious and creative team member who has strong people skills and the ability to have influence and impact in their work.
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Solid understanding of financial, economic, and general business concepts and terminology.
- Ability to accomplish work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Professional attitude, work standards, and service orientation.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (e.g. Word, Excel and PowerPoint) required; Advanced software knowledge (e.g. Alteryx, Tableau) is a plus
- An undergraduate degree (graduate degree a plus) from a respected institution and record of strong academic achievement.
- Preferably one to three years or more of post-undergraduate work experience; or recent Masters' degree with first relevant work experience.
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting is preferred.
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Waltham, Massachusetts as part of our Knowledge Network, focused on Aerospace & Defense topics.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
The Aerospace & Defense practice helps clients in all areas of commercial aviation (aircraft, helicopters etc.), space industry (satellites, space launch, etc.) and defense manufacturing.
What You'll Do
You will support McKinsey consultants and clients in Aerospace and Defense industry by collecting, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing information that helps solve specific business problems.
You will leverage your experience in the aerospace and defense industry to be a thought-partner to client teams and clients in order to prioritize research activities which will have the most impact. You'll identify the data, information, and/or analysis that will support problem-solving efforts and you'll conduct timely, cost-effective research.
Additionally, you'll synthesize findings by preparing McKinsey-formatted end-products to include written memos, numerical analysis, and/or presentations. You'll have the opportunity to develop industry knowledge and expertise, both general and specific in the aerospace, space, and defense sector. You'll also collaborate with our global research team to share and build knowledge, best practices and relevant new ideas. You will be able to codify knowledge and help support the continuous improvement of our knowledge operations and infrastructure, innovating Firm knowledge and knowledge delivery through special projects (both with client teams and on a stand-alone basis).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top