Junior Research Analyst
- Undergraduate degree with 1-2 years of research or analytics experience
- Experience in an energy related or other scientific environment is a plus
- Solid understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts and terminology
- Strong IT skills; preferrably with proficiencey in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Interest in global issues concerning the oil and natural gas industry
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in Houston, Texas as part of our Oil & Gas Research & Insights (R&I) team.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. As an Oil & Gas knowledge professional and part of a global Oil & Gas research team, you will continually deepen your knowledge and understanding of the Oil & Gas sector through supporting our Oil & Gas Practice client service and knowledge development.
What You'll Do
You will respond to complex research questions by collecting, analyzing and synthezing information from a broad variety of sources.
You will work with consultants to scope and prioritize their research needs. Indentify the key issues and determine the most appropriate, cost-effective and timely research solutions. You will then gather the necessary raw nforamation using a broad spectrum of sources and will organize, analyze, and synthesize the findings into targted, McKinsey-formatted end produts. These end products may be in the form of single exhibits, written summaries, basic fact packs, and spreadsheets.
You will build a solid knowledge base by developing an appropriate broad understanding of the relevant structure, players, and trends in your topic area(s). To build your expertise, you will develop fact packs, summaries, and be assigned portions of larger documents in your area of focus.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top