Junior Implementation Consultant - Banking
- Initial experience in Line management in the banking sector and/or Expertise in Operations Excellence methods and approaches, e.g., lean services, Large-scale project/program management experience with a proven track record of impact generation
- Understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogs
- Advanced graduate degree and excellent academic record required (e.g., Master, MBA, PhD, etc.)
- Strong people skills and the ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially the front line)
- Superior analytical skills, with the ability to translate analysis into recommendations
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Dutch
Who You'll Work With
You'll be working with McKinsey Implementation in Europe. McKinsey Implementation is a new and rapidly growing capability area for McKinsey & Company. It provides distinctive support to ensure that our clients deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended changes in their business.
As soon as a project starts, our Implementation consultants are on the ground ensuring that implementation success is a priority. We engage at a deep level across our clients' businesses, working in small teams to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed both to deliver bottom-line results and to ensure that they are sustained. Our work involves coaching, change and program management, and delivering lasting outcomes.
What You'll Do
Your goal as an Implementation Consultant is to help clients build capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
Your primary long-term projects will be closely related to our traditional projects and will provide clients with decisive support in the introduction and implementation of strategic consulting concepts in lean services and change management.
You'll serve a wide variety of clients in retail banking, corporate and investment banking, and diversified financial services. You will work to identify key challenges that organizations face today, ranging from growth and industry consolidation to operational efficiency and risk management.
You will engage at a deep level across our clients' businesses, working in small McKinsey teams, but often working with many clients, to build the capabilities, systems, and processes needed to deliver bottom-line results with an aim to ensure those results will be sustained. Our work is about coaching and delivering lasting outcomes.
Your application should be in English and include a cover letter, your CV, and your transcripts (high school, university, etc.) indicating all relevant grades.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top