Junior Graphic Designer
- Bachelor's degree in a graphic design-related field preferred (e.g., product design, illustration, animation, architecture, etc.)
- Whilst experience in related field is preferred, we are also interested in speaking to graduates from a visual communications discipline
- Proficient in the usage of PowerPoint as a presentation design software and/or proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e., Photoshop, Illustrator and/or InDesign)
- Knowledge in additional design software is a plus (e.g., SketchUp Pro)
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously; ensure adequate utilization of time when booked in projects
- Ability to work independently in an ambiguous environment
- Outstanding communication/negotiation skills
- Ability to adhere to the highest confidentiality standards
- Excellent sense of layout and design
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Tampa Service Center (TSC) located in St. Petersburg, Florida as part of the US Design Center team.
The TSC opened in May 2010 to provide Executive Assistant support to North America as well as HR support and has expanded to become a hub for North American Finance. It's home for colleagues within practice administration, recruiting, analytics, design, learning, benefits and other roles.
The US Design Center (USDC) is part of the Visual Graphics & Media Function and specializes in creating high quality visual communication solutions for client teams across the US. Their service offering includes illustrations, multimedia and prototyping, as well as tailored business presentation design.
What You'll Do
You will initially focus on business presentation design and will gradually start using other visual communication solutions.
These solutions will depend on the particular need of the customer and your specific skillset. You will act as a thought partner with teams to help them conceptualize and select the best solution for their communication situation.
As the Junior Graphic Designer is the entry level design role in our organization, the key aspect for the first 6 to 8 months is learning the nuances of the role and being open to receiving continuous feedback. You will be part of a global team and will be expected to leverage the talent and expertise of your peers; asking for support is critical for both learning the trade and to ensure the best outcome for the customer.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top