Junior Data Scientist - Advanced Analytics
- First job/ internships experience in modeling techniques in statistics, econometrics, and/or optimization
- Practical knowledge in mathematical software, databases, programming languages, and comfortable working with large data sets (R/SAS/Python/SQL or others)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to independently disaggregate issues, identify root causes and recommend solutions
- Master degree with focus on quantitative methods/ econometrics/ statistics/ mathematics
- Prior experience in a multi-national environment (as an asset)
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing in English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our EMEA Advanced Analytics group in Wroclaw, co-located with our Knowledge Center colleagues. As a member of this team, you'll work with McKinsey clients and consulting teams to carry out complex data analysis and modeling, creating a foundation for sound recommendations for client studies and internal projects.
What You'll Do
Leveraging your expertise in analysis and methodology, you'll take part in projects with our consultants and clients by creating complex mathematical and economic models.
You will develop prototypes in R, SAS, Python, SQL, Excel, conduct statistical analyses. You'll often be responsible for the entire analytical process — from task definition to the implementation and interpretation of results to the delivery to the client. You'll collaborate with McKinsey clients and consulting teams, discussing the results constructively in continuous search of the best possible solution. You will gain insights into many industries, methodologies, and management topics on an ongoing basis.
Working in both the Wroclaw Knowledge Center and on-site with clients
There is flexibility to hire at either the Junior to Senior Analyst level depending on the experience and qualifications of the candidate.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top