Junior Data Analyst - MineLens
- Bachelors degree in Mining Engineering from a reputed (IIT or ISM Dhanbad) institute; Master's degree is a plus
- 0-1 year of work experience in Mineral processing
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Superior problem-solving and analytical skills
- Significant understanding of the industry dynamics of the mining sector
- Passion for analytics and interest in developing new approaches to mining data analysis and application to operational improvement
- Willing to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment
- Exhibit self-motivation and high service-orientated work ethic
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our MineLens team in Gurgaon.
MineLens provides mining companies with the strategic business intelligence they need to identify, quantify, and prioritize value creation opportunities in their operations. It combines advanced analytics, a comprehensive database of mining performance benchmarks, and global mining expertise. MineLens enables clientsto assess and improve labor productivity, equipment effectiveness, and reduce costs.
McKinsey New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for –and expands our investment in –our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,500 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
You will be assisting McKinsey consulting teams and mining operations, providing expert client service in strategic and operational topics and contributing to new product development.
You will demonstrate expert client service in mining, which includes running operational excellence diagnostics at mines to determine potential opportunities for transformation. You will assist clients in data collection, perform quantitative analysis, and incorporate qualitative observations into benchmark reports.
Additionally, you will participate in new product development of innovative approaches to mining data analytics and support consulting teams and clients, as required, to conduct analyses off-site and on-site.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top