Junior Consultant - Lean Management
- 3-7 years of experience leading improvement initiatives with a renowned consulting firm or working in the general industry
- Excellent university degree, with a technical or business specialization
- Functional depth preferred in lean, operations and project management
- Solid knowledge, based on practical experience, of all areas of Lean Manufacturing, e.g., the Toyota Production System, kaizen methods, TPM, JIT, SMED
- Professional experience in the introduction and implementation of Lean Manufacturing concepts
- Experience in planning and executing business performance transformations (e.g., comprehensive process optimization, lean management) using Six Sigma and other lean concepts in service industries
- Experience navigating a major organizational change in your organization, such as a post-merger integration, outsourcing/offshoring, or a turnaround
- Srong knowledge of lean operations, e.g., kaizen, Six Sigma tools and potentiall a Master Black Belt or equivalent certification
- Outstanding analytical and conceptual skills
- Able to work well on your own or in a team
- Confident, enthusiastic, and creative
- Able to convince others through your written or spoken communications
- Fluency in the language of the country where you will work, as well as in English
Who You'll Work With
You will join our Santiago office as part of the Operations Excellence Program, specializing in Lean Manufacturing and Service Operations. The Operations Excellence Program (OEP) is a two-year training program during which you will acquire the necessary knowledge to help companies achieve excellence in their operations.
What You'll Do
You will work with teams of consultants providing your expertise in engineering, manufacturing or service operations, helping clients to achieve new performance highs.
You'll partner with clients from leading companies worldwide across a range of industries, providing them with strategic and operations advice. In addition to working directly with clients, you will also share your experiences and insights with colleagues internationally, thereby expanding our knowledge and refining our approaches in the field of Lean Management and Service Operations.
At McKinsey, you'll use your knowledge creatively to influence others. You will make important contributions to the analysis, design, and implementation of Lean Manufacturing and Management approaches, developing tailor-made solutions and working closely with clients to ensure positive impact and sustainable results. You will simultaneously expand your knowledge and develop your professional skills.
Along with other members of the OEP community, you will dedicate one day a week to functional training and knowledge development under the leadership of our operations experts.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top