Junior Associate - Digital McKinsey- Johannesburg
- Undergraduate or master's degree
- 2 to 4 years of industry experience in the technology space (Digital, Architecture, Big Data, IT) or professional services firm
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in Johannesburg, working with our Business Technology group. Junior Associates join our global offices and practices in locations around the world to work in teams and directly with our clients.
Business Technology (BT) is a functional practice within McKinsey. It is comprised of nearly 800 McKinsey consultants globally who help clients think strategically about how to use technology to create fundamental business change – from formulating technology-driven growth strategies to enabling more efficient operations through the use of technology.
As a part of BT, you will work with clients in a wide range of sectors and industries. Some BT consultants work exclusively within BT while others mix their business-technology focus with broader consulting work (e.g., operations, organization, strategy, corporate finance, marketing and sales, etc.).
What You'll Do
Junior Associates play an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
You will gather and analyze information, formulate and test hypotheses, develop and communicate recommendations, and implement those recommendations with client team members.
You'll also gain new skills and build on the strengths you bring to the firm. Junior Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. In your first two years as an Associate, you will receive up to five weeks formal training.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top