- Advanced degree (Masters, MBA or PhD) and a strong record of graduate and undergraduate academic achievement
- 2-4 years exemplary work experience that includes a progressive career trajectory, outstanding professional achievement and impact
- Exceptional problem-solving skills
- Strong personal drive and motivation
- Exemplary professional behaviour and values
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
- Willingness to travel
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our Nairobi office, working hand in hand with colleagues and clients to solve our clients' toughest business challenges.
In Nairobi, McKinsey's commitment to diversity is an abiding part of our legacy and our daily practice. We aim to create an inclusive office that is as representative in culture and demographics as the diverse country, Kenya, in which we work and live.
What You'll Do
You'll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
You'll receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as several weeks of formal training in your first two years. Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
While all consultants develop specialized knowledge and a focused program as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially very broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is completely new.
Back to top