- Undergraduate and advanced degree with an outstanding record of academic achievement
- 3-5 years of business management or consulting experience with a proven record of achievements
- Deep expertise in key industries including but not limited to financial services, high-tech, telecommunications, manufacturing, energy, retail, pharmaceuticals, or travel and logistics
- Solid functional knowledge, including but not limited to strategy, business development, manufacturing, supply chain, product development, project management, marketing and sales, etc.
- Demonstrated aptitude for analytics
- Proven record of leadership in a work setting and/or through extracurricular activities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
Who You'll Work With
You'll join one of our offices in Greater China. Junior Associates join our global offices around the world to work in teams and directly with our clients.
What You'll Do
You'll work in teams of typically 3 – 5 consultants, playing an active role in all aspects of client engagement.
This includes gathering and analyzing information, formulating and testing hypotheses, and developing and communicating recommendations. You'll also have the opportunity to present results to client management and implement recommendations in collaboration with client team members.
Associates receive exceptional training as well as frequent coaching and mentoring from colleagues on their teams. This support includes a Partner from your local office or practice assigned to you to help guide your career as well as up to five weeks of formal training in your first two years as an Associate.
Additionally, you'll receive guidance and support from your local office or practice in the selection of client projects, helping you to develop your skills and build your network.
While all consultants develop specialized knowledge and a focused program as they progress with McKinsey, most are initially very broad in their focus, meaning they do not need specific industry or functional expertise to be successful. For consultants who join McKinsey as experienced professionals, this can mean building on previous knowledge or developing unique experience in an area that is completely new.
Back to top