Junior Analytics Specialist
- Undergraduate or master's degree in economics, mathematics, statistics, physics, or a related field
- Outstanding record of academic achievement
- Deep knowledge of MS Excel is required
- Programming experience in Python, data analysis experience in R are highly welcome
- Experience in working with large datasets and relational databases is highly desirable (SQL)
- Big Data analysis and Machine Learning algorithms knowledge are also competitive advantage
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- You are easily able to communicate technical and analytical content in an understandable way in both Russian and English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with our Analytics group in Moscow. As a member of this team, you'll work with our consulting teams to carry out complex data analysis and modeling, creating a foundation for sound recommendations for client studies and internal projects.
What You'll Do
You will support our consultants and clients in a variety of industries by creating complex mathematical and economic models.
You'll develop prototypes in Excel and Access, conduct analyses in statistics, optimization and simulation, and evaluate large data sets. Your work will be project-oriented, and you will often be responsible for the entire analytical process from task definition to interpretation of results and delivery to the client.
In collaboration with our consultants and with clients, you will discuss your results constructively, in continuous search of the best possible solution. You will work in both the Moscow office as well as on-site with clients. Your work will be multifaceted and exciting, and you will gain insights into many industries and topics. In project work and in exchanges with colleagues, you will deal with new intellectual challenges daily as well as build your industry and methodology knowledge on an ongoing basis. A clearly defined career path will help you to continuously develop your skills.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top