Junior Analyst - Supply Chain
- Master's degree ideally with focus on logistics, supply chain management, transportation
- Experience in transportation management, operations or consulting is an asset, however we will consider qualfied fresh university graduates with potential skills
- Strong conceptual thinking and analytical skills in model building and Excel modeling
- Awareness and interest in economics, financial and general business concepts
- Superior ability to communicate in a structured, clear and influential way
- Strong problem-solving and quantitative skills
- Fluent in English (verbal and written)
Who You'll Work With
You'll join our Global Supply Chain Management practice team in Wroclaw, Poland
McKinsey's Global Supply Chain Management practice helps clients enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of their supply chain operations with the goal of achieving superior customer service with minimal total cost. The practice focuses on a number of issues such as supply chain strategy, diagnostics and design, forecasting and planning, inventory management.
What You'll Do
You will support projects focused on supply chain performance assessment and global transportation cost optimization, warehousing and benchmarking.
You will be responsible for providing global consultant teams cost information related to transport using benchmark data sources and proprietary tools. You will prepare client transport cost analyses and reports and will contribute to further development of the transport cleansheet tool by researching global data sources and updating model data.
You will be conducting basic research on transport modeling concepts for all modes of transport (truck, rail, ocean and air). You will work closely with software developers to implement new functionality and build Excel based prototypes. You will assist teams assessing logistics management practices and help develop improvement levers. Lastly, you will help lead client workshops on transportation and logistics topics.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top