IT Team Lead
- 3+ years of experience in coaching or leadership role
- IT support function experience, ideally in an international environment
- Strong team builder with experience in people or team management
- Excellent problem-solving skills, i.e., the ability to apply a highly logical and well-organized approach to the analysis and resolution of issues
- Team player who thrives in a collaborative, professional environment
- Exceptional service attitude and the willingness to go the extra mile to provide outstanding deliverables
- Team collaboration skills in a global virtual team setup
- Optimistic attitude and demonstrates a "can do" approach to new / unknown requests and to difficult situations
- In depth business experience to understand requirements, assess potential criticalities and oversee the impact of providing services and solutions
- Excellent project management, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Excellent command of English language, both written and verbal
- Willingness to work flexible hours if needed, public holidays, occasional after-hours and "on-call" duties
Who You'll Work With
You will be based in our San Jose, Costa Rica office and will be a part of the McKinsey's Survey Development Center (SDC). This group provides online survey solutions to our global network of management consultants. Our goal is to provide McKinsey's thought leaders with quick set up of surveys to conduct research during client engagements. You will manage the SDC team in Costa Rica, currently 6 colleagues, ensuring the delivery of top-class services to our internal customers.
Despite being part of a large, multinational organization, our group works in a very agile setup. Our development teams are small, flexible and employ the latest methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We are challenged every day with new requirements and aggressive deadlines. This keeps pushing us to refine our skill set, be it negotiating on a tight deadline or successfully incorporating a new, never before seen functionality.
Our office culture is customer centric, team focused, fun and social, with an emphasis on education and innovation. We have the freedom to try new ideas, experiment and are expected to be constantly learning and growing. There is also a strong emphasis on mentoring others in the group, enabling them to grow and learn. Our team operates globally from three different locations: San Jose (Costa Rica), Prague (Czech Republic) and Gurgaon (India).
What You'll Do
You will inspire trust and action from the SDC team as you develop them to reach their potential.
While you are responsible for the team results, you will also lead survey solution projects yourself to stay hands-on and maintain relationship with different clients.
You will be an advocate and inspirational leader for the team, providing real time coaching and guidance. You will strive to build a strong relationship based on trust and transparency. In this role you will be helping to measure and evaluate team member performance based on Professional Development Plans.
Beyond that, you will collaborate with numerous internal teams (requestors, IT support groups, technicians, supplies management) in a global environment, as well as constantly strive for service improvement, support process optimization, promote new ideas and drive activities necessary to eliminate issues.
Finally, you will serve as an escalation point for complex situations and work closely with McKinsey client service teams to provide end to end survey solutions and/or analysis.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top