IT Sourcing & Procurement Analyst - Digital McKinsey
- Bachelor's degree in Technology / Engineering; MBA is a plus
- US Citizenship is required
- 3-5 years of relevant experience in IT services/products domain, ideally in a commercial context (e.g. contracts review) and in interpreting terms and conditions
- Previous experience in supporting services/products contract negotiation highly desired (either from vendor or buyer side)
- General understanding of broad IT sourcing space and working market knowledge (e.g., key vendors, services and technology trends)
- Ability to engage and interact independently with client personnel, licensing & procurement specialists
- Excellent analytical/quantitative skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, good team player
- Solid problem-solving capabilities
- Superior written/verbal communications skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team
- Willingness to work in a highly demanding and result-oriented team environment and to travel to other offices/client locations for short/long term assignments
Who You'll Work With
You'll be based in our Waltham, Massachusetts office and will be a part of our Digital McKinsey Research & Center of Competence (CoC) team.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities—drawing from our Business Technology Office, McKinsey Digital Labs, and our digital functions and combining them in one cohesive organization. Digital McKinsey not only advises but also builds, operates, and transfers capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses.
The Digital McKinsey Research & Center of Competence (CoC) team members support various service lines to bring deep subject matter expertise strengthening our client proposition and delivery. The Sourcing Center of Competence (CoC) supports the Sourcing service line within the Digital McKinsey practice. It serves as a global knowledge hub of Sourcing experts that own, maintain and deploy key proprietary knowledge assets of the service line. One of our significant areas of client service revolves around helping them in sourcing of IT products and services (e.g., IT services sourcing, Software/Hardware procurement etc.)
What You'll Do
You will help shape critical business decisions for our clients.
You will support the development of content expertise (in IT contracting/procurement) and maintenance of capabilities (including assets, knowledge, tools, fact packs, case studies, primers). You will deliver that expertise to both client serving teams and directly to clients.
With your focus on IT sourcing, you will be expected to have an understanding of sourcing/procurement of various IT services/products including strategic supplier selection, contracting, renewals, life cycle planning and costing. You will analyse IT services/products contracts in order to to identify opportunities for savings and revenue assurance.
You will work on client engagements in a number of ways: e.g. as part of the client service team, leading a work stream in area of expertise and/or providing short-term support delivering key insights in content-focused questions.
You will partner with client teams to understand knowledge needs and leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts to drive complex analyses. You will provide unique insights and deliver synthesized, actionable facts via end products (e.g. in the form of PowerPoint charts, written memos, models and framework).
You will also have the opportunity to work alongside senior knowledge professionals / experts on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. Additionally, you will collaborate and actively contribute to the work flow and activities within the global team around similar technology-related topics and also coach and help develop less experienced colleagues.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top