IT Learning Trainer
- 2+ years of experience in a professional environment, developing and designing technical training programs
- Experience with learning program design tools e.g., Captivate, Articulate, Inkling, Brainshark
- Experience with data analysis tools e.g., Alteryx, Tableau, Power BI
- Knowledgeable about adult learning methodologies
- Experience in Program Development and Learning Impact analysis
- Experience delivering live training/creating online learning (e-learning)
- Creative researcher with high energy and curiosity about new topics
- A quick thinking, self-starter; able to work both independently and collaboratively as part of team
- Ability to work well with all types of people in a multi-cultural environment
- Strong IT skills
- Strong communication skills (oral and written); confident/comfortable speaking to an audience
Who You'll Work With
You will join our Tampa Service Center (TSC), located in St. Petersburg, Florida and will be a part of our IT Learning team, a global team of 15 colleagues. The IT Learning team develops learning strategies for new IT tools, designs/redesigns learning programs, and delivers the training to a global audience across a variety of roles.
As the IT Trainer, you will work with product owners and sponsors to create product and audience specific learning strategies, design adoption launch plans, and develop and deliver learning programs for our 20,000+ colleagues around the world. In this role, you will learn about the latest training trends, work with a high-energy and high-performing global team, and have the opportunity to have an impact on other colleagues' learning and professional development.
What You'll Do
You will focus on building new learning programs, evaluating training needs, designing and developing programs, and delivering high-quality training content.
In this role, you will be expected to lead live training workshops on firm-standard IT software and tools using internally created scripts and programs. You will provide "just-in-time" coaching which is "on-demand" coaching and training via a hotline. You wil provide remote help for Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, and other core tools as needed.
You will design and deliver product introduction training by providing in-person, virtual, and self-paced offerings to help people bridge the skill gap with new tools. In some cases, leading the learning effort, in other cases, playing a support role to a colleague. You will also support core tool program design and content development, including reviewing and refining existing curricula using instructional design expertise and often taking a lead/expert role to develop/refine content.
You will analyze data and find trends, develop reports for classes taken, measure impact from training programs, refresher, and process improvements and actively participate in the scheduling and tracking of student attendance of our training offerings using our Learning Management System (i.e., Cornerstone).
You will coordinate the planning of IT training programs (e.g., new hire orientation, analytical skill building), including managing logistics, coordinating with local offices, managing communications and analyzing and course feedback.
You will also collaborate with the product owners and stakeholders, evaluating their training needs, and then design and develop programs which provide relevant solutions for the product and audiences.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top