IoT Solutions Architect- Digital McKinsey
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 8+ years of experience in application, database, network and sensor architecture, engineering practices such as code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- 2+ years of experience building IoT Solution Architecture and developing PoC/MVP for a large-scale enterprise-wide solution
- 2+ years of experience designing Data Architecture viz. data ingestion, stream/batch processing, analytics on an enterprise-scale IoT project
- 2+ years of experience designing IoT device network such LoRA, Zigbee, etc.
- Experience in cloud computing, network programming, embedded system programming, big data analytics, AI/Machine Learning and microservices architecture
- Experience building one or more specific IoT industry solutions (i.e. smart cities, Industrial IoT, manufacturing, business automation, health, asset tracking, smart utilities, etc.)
- Ability to architect end-to-end solutions for our customers using IoT Platforms and Services
- Knowledge of IoT platforms such as AWS IoT, Azure IoT, GE Predix, PTC Thingworx
- Knowledge of mobile applications such as Android, iOS native applications, hybrid applications
- Understanding of network programming such as HTTP, HTTPS, TCP, UDP, SSL, SMTP, SNMP, RF – Zigbee, BLEm RF, Wifi, NFC, RFID, etc.
- Understanding of Embedded Systems Programming such as Applications development on uC/uP/DSP - ARM9&11,Cortex, Adruino , Rasberry PI ,SOC from Atmel, NXP,TI and others, Device protocols viz. GPIO, SPI, I2C, CAN, SDCARD interfacing, interfacing with various sensors and smart sensors
- Distributed computing, Big data and analytics such as Apache Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Storm, Zoo Keeper, AWS Kinesis, Hortonworks, etc.
- Understanding of application, server, and network security and compliance requirements
- Breadth of knowledge around different kinds of IoT sensors
- Strong knowledge of IP-based wireless technology, public wireless networks and IP networking
- Knowledge of shop-floor SCADA/PLC systems is a plus
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with Digital McKinsey in one of our Southeast Asia offices.
Digital McKinsey brings together the best of McKinsey's digital capabilities to help our clients use digital technology to transform their businesses. As part of this group, you'll join a global team working on everything from IT modernization and strategy to agile, cloud, cybersecurity, and digital transformation.
You'll typically work on projects across all industries and functions and will be fully integrated with the rest of our global firm.You'll also work with colleagues from across McKinsey & Company to help our clients deliver breakthrough products, experiences, and businesses, both on technology and non-technology topics.
What You'll Do
You will be a core member of the McKinsey consulting team with responsibilities that range from shaping and implementing strategic products to ensuring that McKinsey's craft stays on the leading edge of technology.
You will focus on designing and developing appropriate end-to-end IoT solutions, establishing performance metrics and leveraging existing tools to ensure a highly scalable, high-performance solution for our clients. In partnership with the consultant, solution architects and development team, you will formulate and execute a strategy to drive adoption of IoT whilst building deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be IoT advocates. You will act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support.
Back to top