Intern - US & Canada
- 2nd year university student studying Business Administration or Finance
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Solid understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts and terminology
- A perspective on local markets in the US and/or Canada, particularly demographic/business/economic trends
- Familiarity with core statistical concepts (e.g. correlation, regressions, confidence intervals, etc.); introduction to data structures and concepts is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills; VBA programming is a plus
- Conceptual understanding and ability to communicate technical content in a simple way
- Natural intellectual curiosity and genuine passion for continuous learning
- Ability to adapt to multicultural teams and environments
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Strong team-orientation and a professional attitude
- Multi-tasking abilities and experience simultaneously managing multiple deadlines
- Entrepreneurial drive and ability to be an active and effective contributor to initiatives involving cross-functional teams
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our San Jose, Costa Rica office as part of our Latin American Knowledge Center team.
You'll be part of our global knowledge network, which includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
The US and Canada research team is a group of ~35 analysts across two locations who work with global consulting teams and clients with a special focus on US/Canada region on topics related to demographics, business environment, public sector, and macroeconomics. In addition to providing a perspective in the above domains, the team is engaged in proactively building new capability areas to deploy in client situations in deeper ways.
What You'll Do
You will leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts to effectively and efficiently respond to research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights.
You will perform a variety of analyses such as benchmarking, trend identification, industry profiling, market sizing, growth projections and opportunity scanning in order to add value to problem solving discussions. You will Identify the key issues for the problem at hand and determine the most appropriate solution, effectively balancing quality, availability, timeliness, and cost factors.
Some of your daily tasks will include providing synthesis, insight and client implications written memos, models and frameworks. You'll also use advanced analytics tools to prepare and analyze large datasets to distill insights.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top