Intern - Travel, Transport & Logistics Research Team
- 1 year from your Bachelor's degree graduation
- Demonstrated research experience in an academic or business setting preferred
- Good understanding of economic, financial, and general business concepts and terminology
- Superior problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Experience in simultaneously managing multiple, demanding deadlines
- Inquisitive, investigative nature
- Professional attitude and service orientation; superb team player
- Strong IT skills, including proficiency with Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both Spanish and English
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with the Travel, Transport & Logistics Research team in San Jose, Costa Rica as part of our Knowledge Network.
Our global knowledge network includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group by conducting industry research for consultants and help the research team on multiple tasks. After having spent some time getting to know the type of work the team does, you will also be expected to help manage our incoming workflows
What You'll Do
You will support McKinsey consultants in the area of travel, transport and logistics markets and industry by researching, collecting, summarizing, analyzing, and synthesizing both publicly-available and internal McKinsey information that helps solve specific business problems.
As an intern, you will work in an exciting, stimulating and engaging environment to provide business research and analytic support to McKinsey consultants across the Firm.
You will leverage a solid understanding of business trends, issues, and concepts, our researchers effectively and efficiently respond to complex research questions by delivering synthesized, actionable facts and insights to our consulting teams who work directly with our clients.
Interns also have opportunities to support senior knowledge professionals working on larger client projects and internal knowledge initiatives. By collecting and analyzing data and information found in databases and/or other primary and secondary research tools, Interns assemble a fact base, counsel consultants on of the scope of the business and economic trends surrounding the issue, and provide insights and analysis that enable problem-solving.
Back to top