Intern - Global Strategy & Corporate Finance
- Bachelor's student from a respected institution with an outstanding academic record, Finance student is a plus
- Understanding and interest in Corporate Finance concepts, including M&A, JVs and divestitures
- Willingness to quickly learn and disseminate detailed topical knowledge
- Intellectual curiosity, self-motivation, and a willingness to take ownership
- High professional and ethical standards and respect for confidentiality
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, web-based tools)
- Sophisticated English language communication skills, particularly in written communications
- Ability to multi-task, manage a significant workload effectively under pressure and work well independently
- Strong service orientation and ability to interact and communicate effectively with all tenure levels
- Proactive approach to practice and team support and a 'can do' attitude
- Ability to strike the right balance between being flexible enough to deal with a rapidly changing knowledge management environment and being firm about maintaining consistency where necessary
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our San Jose, Costa Rica office and will be a part of our Knowledge Network.
Our global knowledge network includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will be analyzing the revenue growth performance of companies and setting up the foundation for deeper research around various aspects of growth.
On this team you will work on both client driven and internal analytics. You will work on bench-marking to enhance growth performance across a set of companies. You will undergo training on the proprietary methodology used for the analysis.
As a Junior Research Analyst you will derive insights from the analyses, synthesize the findings and communicate the results to the client team members. You will also work with other service lines of the Strategy practice to help execute on knowledge creation and delivery priorities.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top