Intern - Geospatial
- Bachelor's degree in quantitative field like Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, Operations Research, Mathematics
- Strong understanding/coursework in Math (Linear Algebra, Calculus), Statistics, and database management
- Distinctive communications skills and ability to communicate analytical and technical content in an easy to understand way
- Knowledge of GIS software (e.g. ESRI, Quantum GIS) and the ability to work with spatial data in various formats (e.g. ESRI, GeoJSON, KML, WKT)
- Working knowledge of GIS-based programming and application development in web/desktop environment will be a plus
- Entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to meet deadlines
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Ability to work effectively with people at all levels in an organization
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English and the local office language(s)
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in our San Jose, Costa Rica office and will be a part of our Knowledge Network. You will work with consultants, clients or internal teams to prepare complex data analyses and models that help solve client problems and deliver significant measurable impact.
Our global knowledge network includes more than 1,800 knowledge professionals who work alongside our consultants and clients to generate distinctive insights and proprietary knowledge. You will work with this group to help develop, codify, sanitize, and manage our global knowledge portal, which includes more than 50,000 documents that form the backbone of our firm's knowledge management.
What You'll Do
You will work in a fast-paced team environment, dedicated primarily to research for granular spatial data for countries in Latin America.
Your work will be project-oriented and you will be responsible for cleaning, organizing and knowledge codification of existing databases. Leveraging your advanced data analysis skills, you will create innovative approaches to answer our clients' problems that primarily entail a geographic component. You will analyze the location-dependent drivers of performance to inform customer relationship management, developing an optimal distribution network configuration model for a global supply chain, or geographically optimizing a field sales force.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top