Information Security Specialist
- Professional experience in IT, risk management or information security
- Experience with cloud offerings such as AWS
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks and past participation in both initial certification and renewal of one or more of: ISO/IEC 27001, SOC 2/SSAE 16, PCI DSS
- Professional security certification, such as a Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or other similar credentials, is desired
- Technical overview of virtualization/containerization technologies (OpenVZ, KVM, Docker, etc), networking and software-defined networking
- Technical overview of Windows and Linux operating systems
- University degree in Business Administration, System Engineering or Computer Science or related education in the field of informatics
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written)
- Good analytical- and excellent problem-solving skills
Who You'll Work With
You'll work with one of our New Ventures' team in our Louvain-La-Neuve hub in Belgium or in one of our German offices.
New Ventures fosters innovation driven by analytics, design thinking, mobile and social by developing new products/services and integrating them into our client work. It is helping to shift our model toward asset-based consulting and is a foundation for – and expands our investment in – our entrepreneurial culture. Through innovative software as a service solutions, strategic acquisitions, and a vibrant ecosystem of alliances, we are redefining what it means to work with McKinsey.
As one of the fastest-growing parts of our firm, New Ventures has more than 1,000 dedicated professionals (including more than 800 analysts and data scientists) and we're hiring more mathematicians, data scientists, designers, software engineers, product managers, client development managers and general managers.
What You'll Do
As an Information Security Specialist, you will have three major areas of responsibility.
Firstly, you will support client service on IT security matters. You will be the go to person for the team to respond to any IT security related questions coming from clients. You will interact with clients' IT representatives to detail our IT security processes, application and infrastructure. You will develop and maintain "off-the-shelves" client-ready documentation on IT security for the solution and will be the main point of contact for client service functions into product development, firm IT and AWS for all IT security matters. You will provide guidance to the client service team on security and privacy obligations, maintain appropriate documentation, and define training requirements with the management.
Secondly, you will ensure IT security compliance. As a part of this, you will support internal and external security audits (ISAE SOC2, Type I/II) and will work with all stakeholders to implement remediation's. You will oversee compliance with applicable laws and work with both internal and external functions to ensure compliance with data privacy regulations and rules. You will manage, follow-up and analyse IT security-related events and report on compliance and security configurations to the executive leadership team.
As the third area, you will be responsible for fostering the development of IT security processes and infrastructure. You will be the main advisor on Information Security matters (risk, impact, threat analysis) and test-drive new technologies and services to stay ahead of competition. You will participate in knowledge sharing and help us improve our processes and products quality. You will partner with the product development and delivery teams, Solution TechOps, firm IT and with external vendors to support a standardized secure approach to systems, application, and network development, and to monitor, log and protect systems from unauthorized access. Your role will include fostering continuous improvement in efficacy and efficiency of IT security from operational activities/processes and leading implementation of technical measures and processes to improve IT security.
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top