Industrial IoT Analyst
- 2-5 years of professional experience in one of the key operations areas, such as manufacturing, procurement, supply chain management, product development, service operations
- Excellent university degree with a technical or business specialization, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Applied Math, Quantitative Social Sciences, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Product Development
- Exposure to operations-oriented analytical and methodological services
- I4.0 or IoT exposure
- Strong intrinsic problem-solving skills, ability to structure and solve problems and conduct and interpret analysis independently, with demonstrated analytic and quantitative skills
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Strong record of leadership in an academic, professional, or extracurricular setting
- Mobile and excited to take on longer international assignments
- Ability to communicate complex ideas effectively, both verbally and in writing, in English and Chinese
Who You'll Work With
You'll work in one of our Greater China offices as part of McKinsey's North Asia Industrial IoT Hub.
This group aims to help client unlock the enormous potential of the Internet of Things. Our value proposition spans the full product life cycle, ranging from data diagnostic to pilot, strategy, solution implementation, and ongoing operation. We focus on delivering end-to-end Industrial IoT transformations, integrated across functions. We cover the entire operations value chain across the following five core functions: 1. Procurement, 2. Manufacturing, 3. Supply chain and inventory control, 4. Design-to-value, 5. Service operations automation. Within each function, we deliver dedicated operational excellence programs based on proven service line methodologies and analytics enhanced by digital.
We view IoT as a transformative opportunity for clients across almost all sectors. Our goal is to partner with clients to define and deliver on this transformation. This requires a hands on approach and practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities involved in IoT. We are building capability that spans strategy, product design, digital design, hardware and software design, analytics, business planning and implementation.
What You'll Do
Focusing on digital strategy, Industry 4.0, and IoT, you will work in a team with senior leaders to better understand the value at stake from digital transformation and shape targeted strategies.
You will be engaged in client fieldwork and training, focusing on delivering standardized analysis on digital transformation. For example, in manufacturing, you will specialize in a specific topic within line balancing, DL productivity, OEE improvement, and offline DL improvement. In supply chain and procurement, you will cleanse ERP master data and create data sets ready to be adopted by our third party or internal solutions. Following a successful analyst role, you will be offered a junior specialist role in which you can further expand your area of expertise.
We work to configure organizations so they can achieve rapid improvements in customer experience, innovation, revenue, and costs. You will help leaders translate their digital vision into a prioritized set of value-rich opportunities and help determine how organizations can be set up for success in a digital world. In order to achieve this, you will be expected to draw upon your deep industry or consulting experience as well as proprietary McKinsey data.
Back to top