Implementation Consultant - Operations
- Undergraduate and/or Masters degree in business, engineering, operations or related disciplines preferred
- 3+ years of post-graduate work experience, including 1+ year of design/execution of lean and/or six-sigma operational improvement projects
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Highly skilled problem solving abilities (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Comfortable with heavy client contact and building a relationships with clients
- Strong interest and passion for coaching or mentoring clients
- Comfort with extensive travel away from home city (up to 5 days/week)
Who You'll Work With
At McKinsey, you can build a career out of making things happen! You'll be working with McKinsey Implementation – a rapidly growing capability for our firm – in one of our offices in North America. As a member of MI, you'll work in a collaborative culture, working closely with our client project teams solving their toughest problems, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
What You'll Do
You will work in teams to help clients build capabilities in delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
You'll have the opportunity to make a meaningful, hands-on contribution by managing projects and progress with minimal supervision, including tracking metrics, handling complex analyses, and preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. You will develop trust-based relationships with clients and be seen as a specialist in implementation and delivering results.
Back to top