Implementation Consultant – Oil & Gas
- Undergraduate degree in engineering and/or an advanced degree (master's, MBA, PhD) from a premier institution, especially in energy policy, geology, engineering, and related disciplines (preferred).
- Evidence of a distinctive career trajectory, academic record and demonstrated experience in front line operational and/or leadership roles
- At least 5 + years of relevant experience in exploration and production, refining, or energy trading at a large oil company, service provider, or professional services firm.
- Experience in operational excellence methods and approaches, e.g., lean services, Large-scale project/program management experience with a proven track record of impact generation.
- Understanding of the principles of change management and performance metrics and dialogs.
- Candidates with tenure in the following roles are encouraged to apply: exploration, geologists and geophysicists; reservoir and production engineers; drilling engineers; refinery engineers; chemical engineers; planning analysts and business development managers; commercial managers in the downstream.
- Able to apply problem-solving and experience-based judgment to complex challenges by focusing on the critical issues and constraints that affect business performance
- Demonstrated leadership ability and passionate about coaching and mentoring clients.
- Ability to work with people across all levels in an organization to make them successful as well as strong influencing and communication skills.
- Flexibility to travel regionally 4 days a week depending on client needs and your base location.
Who You'll Work With
As an Implementation Coach you will work within McKinsey Implementation (MI) – a rapidly growing capability for our firm. The Australian group has offices in Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney, however our work is national with travel to our clients' sites. As a member of MI, you'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
What You'll Do
Implementation Coaches are passionate about coaching individuals to see them succeed and help deliver impact on critical issues. Working in small teams to build clients' capabilities, systems, and processes your role as Implementation Coach is to ensure our clients capture and sustain the anticipated bottom-line results by engaging at a deep level to drive lasting impact on critical exploration, production, refinement and energy trading issues at leading companies. From the start of a client engagement, you'll be on the ground with your team, ensuring that implementation success is a priority. You'll develop practical recommendations, identify potential implementation challenges, manage projects,and track progress.
Working side-by-side with your clients, you will coach them as they develop their skills, tackle key operational challenges, and implement new processes and programs. You'll help them achieve results they never thought possible.
At McKinsey our consultants experience tremendous personal and professional growth. Participating in on-going professional development; you'll be mentored by McKinsey leaders, your peers, and subject matter experts from leading organisations who have experience in a broad range of industries and functions and are located around the world.
Interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter drawing reference to your suitable skills and experience in relation to the role as outlined above. (Please keep your CV to a maximum of 5 pages).
Back to top