Implementation Consultant - Marketing & Sales
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Marketing, Engineering, or Operations (advanced degree preferred).
- Evidence of a distinctive career trajectory and/or academic record of achievement.
- 5-10 years' experience in either sales operations or frontline sales team management roles, specifically customer experience, pricing and sales.
- A strong understanding of current marketing and sales trends, the impact on business strategies, and the implications in creating and sustaining solutions within an organization.
- Proven ability leading change transformations and/or operations projects for the sales and/or marketing functions.
- Solid understanding of the principles of change management, performance metrics and dialogs.
- Highly skilled problem solving abilities (quantitative, conceptual, analytical)
- Passion for coaching and mentoring; strong people skills and ability to engage all levels of the organization (especially frontline).
- Exposure in either Digital Marketing, E-consumer, E-marketing, Customer Loyalty and Customer Relationship Management, Brand Management, Product Management, Sales and Channel Management (call centre and B2B sales), Marketing Spend Effectiveness or Marketing ROI and Branding.
- Comfort with extensive travel (4-5 days/week).
Who You'll Work WithAs an Implementation Coach you will work within McKinsey Implementation (MI) – a rapidly growing capability for our firm. The Australian group has offices in Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney, however our work is national with travel to our clients' sites. As a member of MI, you'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
What You'll Do
Implementation Coaches are passionate about coaching individuals to see them succeed and help deliver impact on critical issues. As a Marketing & Sales Implementation Coach your mandate is to help clients build client capabilities through delivery and execution, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
Focused on Marketing and Sales engagements, Implementation Coaches are responsible for leading clients through sales force operational improvements and large scale business transformations. As a thought leader and a subject matter expert you will provide practical recommendations to team discussions on the implications of analysis, identifying implementation challenges.
Specifically your role is to manage change initiatives and implementation projects by tracking metrics, and handling complex analyses, whilst also preparing communications to report back to client and internal leadership. You will work side by side with the client's sales teams on each engagement, facilitating working sessions with front-line sales teams and supervisors, motivating and coaching the client team to helping to tackle key operational challenges.
Interested candidates please submit a resume AND a detailed cover letter which outlines your recent experience working on business transformation and/or implementation initiatives as well as your skills in leadership and coaching of operational teams. (Please keep your resume to maximum of 5 pages).
Meet Some of McKinsey's Employees
Danielle is one of the leaders of McKinsey’s business with retail and consumer clients. She oversees client projects and helps her teams and her clients utilize McKinsey’s resources.
Back to top