Implementation Consultant - Manufacturing Transformation
- Undergraduate degree or minor in Engineering, preferably with a Manufacturing or Operations focus. An advanced degree is preferred in addition to your training from world-class lean manufacturing organizations.
- 5-15 years of hands on experience in operations management, plant management, process engineering or continuous improvement.
- Evidence of a distinctive career trajectory and/or academic record of achievement.
- In-depth knowledge of process redesign and Lean transformation tools & techniques, and a clear understanding of the issues related to production, system improvement, reliability-centered maintenance and the application of Kaizen.
- Proven experience and front line management exposure specifically in relation to operational performance improvement.
- Passionate about coaching and mentoring clients and helping others succeed with demonstrable influencing and communication skills.
- Open to regional travel 4/5 days a week.
Who You'll Work With
As an Implementation Coach you will work within McKinsey Implementation (MI) – a rapidly growing capability for our firm. The Australian group has offices in Perth, Melbourne, and Sydney, however our work is national with travel to our clients' sites. As a member of MI, you'll work closely with our client project teams, providing end-to-end support to ensure the clients are able to deliver and sustain the full benefits of McKinsey's recommended change in their business.
What You'll Do
Implementation Coaches are passionate about coaching individuals to see them succeed and help deliver impact on critical issues. Specifically your mandate is to help build clients capabilities in the delivery and execution of major change initiatives and business transformations, both during an active project and continuing after our consultants have shared their recommendations.
On a day to day basis Implementation Coaches use their knowledge in process redesign, utilizing Lean transformation tools & techniques. Responsible for leading clients through operational improvements you will working on highly complex problems that require strong analytical, conceptual and quantitative ability. The work will include a broad range of issues related to production system improvement, reliability-centered maintenance and the application of Kaizen.
As a thought leader and subject matter expert you will provide practical recommendations to team discussions on the implications of analysis, identifying implementation challenges. Additionally you will manage change initiatives and implementation projects by tracking metrics, and handling complex analyses, whilst also preparing communications to report back to the client and internal leadership. Working side by side with the client on each engagement you will facilitate working sessions with front-line teams and supervisors, motivating and coaching the client team to helping to tackle key operational challenges.
Interested candidates please submit a resume and cover letter drawing reference to your suitable skills and experience in relation to the role as outlined above.
Back to top